[buddypress-trac] [BuddyPress Trac] #6572: Conversation replies don't immediately inherit the HTML of custom templates.

buddypress-trac noreply at wordpress.org
Tue Aug 11 17:24:26 UTC 2015

#6572: Conversation replies don't immediately inherit the HTML of custom
templates.
------------------------------------+------------------
 Reporter:  CharlesMabe             |       Owner:
     Type:  enhancement             |      Status:  new

Comment (by r-a-y):

 > this will affect anyone that has overloaded templates so we'll need to
 be clear in announcing those template changes.

 I do not think this will affect anyone too much.  A savvy developer would
 have had to unhook how BP adds the single message via AJAX and run their
 own routine, so this wouldn't affect their changes.

 > Naming wise maybe 'single-message' - is not 'content-single' a little
 non descriptive'?

 Yeah, I was having a hard time naming the new template part.  Core WP
 themes use this convention for template parts - `content-POSTTYPE.php`.
 Maybe `content-single-message.php` or `content-message-single.php`?  Or to
 be more in line with what we already have, maybe `messages-single.php`
 since we have a template called `messages-loop.php`?

 For comparison, bbPress uses this convention - `loop-single-TYPE.php` -
 for items in the loop.  They use `content-single-TYPE.php` as a wrapper
 template:
 https://bbpress.trac.wordpress.org/browser/tags/2.5.8/templates/default/bbpress
 /content-single-reply.php

--