[buddypress-trac] [BuddyPress Trac] #6388: Groups single item home : improve the way we deal with custom front and activity component

buddypress-trac noreply at wordpress.org
Tue Apr 21 16:25:04 UTC 2015

#6388: Groups single item home : improve the way we deal with custom front and
activity component
--------------------------------+-----------------------------------
 Reporter:  imath               |      Owner:
     Type:  enhancement         |     Status:  new
Component:  Component - Groups  |    Version:
 Severity:  normal              |   Keywords:  has-patch 2nd-opinion
--------------------------------+-----------------------------------
 Some screenshots will help me to describe the situation :
 [[Image(https://farm6.staticflickr.com/5442/17223148742_0c80870020_b.jpg)]]

 1. If the activity component is not active, the group home tab is almost
 the same than the members tab (the difference is that the group admins are
 not listed).

 2. If there's a custom front in use in the group, members cannot post
 activities within the group but need to post them from the activity
 directory.

 I think this should be improved, but we'll need to edit the templates...

 In the attach patch i'm suggesting to have this instead :

 [[Image(https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7636/17037314260_99d2817330_b.jpg)]]

 1. Do not duplicate the members listing if the activity is not active
 2. Make sure an activity tab is generated if the group's has a custom
 front page.

 The patch also includes some kind of template hierarchy for the
 `groups/single/front.php` template

--
Ticket URL: <https://buddypress.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/6388>