[buddypress-trac] [BuddyPress Trac] #6375: Need to fix parameter in do_action statement for sending email notifications to commenters you have received comments

buddypress-trac noreply at wordpress.org
Thu Apr 16 14:40:56 UTC 2015

#6375: Need to fix parameter in do_action statement for sending email
notifications to commenters you have received comments
----------------------------------+-----------------------------
 Reporter:  dtc7240               |      Owner:
     Type:  defect (bug)          |     Status:  new
Component:  Component - Activity  |    Version:
 Severity:  normal                |   Keywords:  has-patch
----------------------------------+-----------------------------
 Hi guys.  In #6057, there was some discussion concerning adding reply
 notifications to the new wp_bp_notifications table.  I have some thoughts
 on that, but I'll weigh in on that discussion there after I finish this
 ticket.

 As I'm actually running my BuddyPress site in an app environment via
 PhoneGap, my site features actual push notifications.  The trigger I'm
 using to generate a push notification is the bp_notification_before_save
 hook.  In order to generate a push notification when someone has replied
 to something you generated in the activity stream, I am for now using both
 the bp_activity_sent_reply_to_update_email and
 bp_activity_sent_reply_to_reply_email hooks to populate the notifications
 table myself.

 While I was going through the code, I ran across a problem with the
 parameters of the bp_activity_sent_reply_to_reply_email hook that appears
 to just be a copy/paste oversight.  I would guess that the entire if
 statement in which this hook is contained was originally copied from the
 if statement containing the bp_activity_sent_reply_to_update_email hook
 and then modified.

 The user_id passed as a parameter in the
 bp_activity_sent_reply_to_reply_email do_action hook is that of the author
 of the activity that started the thread (as it should be in the other
 hook), but in this case should be the user_id of the author of the comment
 to which a reply is being made.

 '''Can we please change "$original_activity->user_id" to
 "$parent_comment->user_id" in the "bp_activity_sent_reply_to_reply_email"
 hook?'''

 Or if you're worried someone is currently using that hook with the
 incorrect data, create a new hook with the alteration?

 Many thanks,
 Scott

--
Ticket URL: <https://buddypress.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/6375>