[buddypress-trac] [BuddyPress Trac] #5874: BP_Groups_Group::get() returns incorrect results when using meta_query with multiple meta_values and OR relationship

buddypress-trac noreply at wordpress.org
Mon Sep 15 13:54:55 UTC 2014

#5874: BP_Groups_Group::get() returns incorrect results when using meta_query with
multiple meta_values and OR relationship
 Reporter:  richtelford   |       Owner:

Comment (by boonebgorges):

 > What I'm saying is that maybe the comma syntax (which I try and steer
 clear of) is the cause of the problem.

 Yes, I get that, and I agree that it's good to avoid. But it is very
 complicated to change this syntax, because we have a variety of backward
 compatibility issues to solve first. See #5451.

 The purpose of the transformations in get_meta_query_sql() is to continue
 using the comma syntax even though WP_Meta_Query::get_sql() outputs INNER
 JOIN syntax. This is working in our unit tests, and yours is the first
 instance I've heard of where this issue specifically (SQL syntax) is
 causing meta_query to break. So, for the time being, I'm strongly inclined
 to find out what's causing the problem in your specific case, rather than
 doing the major refactoring your suggestion would require.

 You may also take a look at #5824. It's possible that the changes in
 2.1/trunk related to this ticket would also address what you're seeing
 (though tbh I can't see at a glance how this would be the case).

 > Perhaps you need a unit test for different meta_value but using the same
 key?

 I have written such a test locally, and I have also done the test manually
 as you described above, and in all cases I'm unable to reproduce.

 If you can share the pre- and post-processed SQL, I might be able to see
 what's up.

--
Ticket URL: <https://buddypress.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/5874#comment:10>