[buddypress-trac] [BuddyPress Trac] #5862: activity comment replies problem when bp_activity_current_comment returns false

buddypress-trac noreply at wordpress.org
Mon Sep 8 17:48:57 UTC 2014

#5862: activity comment replies problem when bp_activity_current_comment returns
false
------------------------------+---------------------
 Reporter:  shanebp           |       Owner:  r-a-y
     Type:  defect (bug)      |      Status:  closed
Changes (by r-a-y):

 * owner:   => r-a-y
 * status:  new => closed
 * resolution:   => fixed

Comment:

 In [changeset:"8989"]:
 {{{
 #!CommitTicketReference repository="" revision="8989"
 bp-legacy: Fix notice when replying to private group activity updates via
 AJAX.

 When a reply is made to an activity update, we have to repopulate the
 `$activities_template` global with the new activity object.

 However, when we fetch the new private activity comment, we have to add a
 check for the visibility of the item as well.  This currently isn't done,
 which led to the notices and the non-existence of the activity object.

 This commit addresses the issue by setting the `show_hidden` parameter to
 `true` when fetching the new activity item, ensuring that the
 `$activities_template->activity` object will be set.

 Fixes #5862.
 }}}

--
Ticket URL: <https://buddypress.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/5862#comment:9>