[buddypress-trac] [BuddyPress Trac] #5852: sitewide notices UI clash between displayed notice and all notice screen rendering

buddypress-trac noreply at wordpress.org
Tue Sep 2 16:29:57 UTC 2014

#5852: sitewide notices UI clash between displayed notice and all notice screen
rendering
 Reporter:  hnla         |      Owner:
     Type:  enhancement  |     Status:  new
Component:  Messaging    |    Version:
 Severity:  normal       |   Keywords:
 We have an somewhat confusing experience here.

 When composing a sitewide notice you can in fact embed urls, add bold tags
 and those will be correctly displayed back when viewing the messages >
 notices screen; however we display the actual sitewide notice stripping
 out these tags as we run $notice->subject through 'wp_filter_kses'

 Clearly this is confusing for admins and needs to be one or other.

 I have had a need to update usefulness of sitewide notices and yanked the
 'bp_message_get_notices' out of bp-messages-template to run elsewhere with
 modified markup and running the 'subject' through
 bp_activity_filter_kses() to gain a few allowed tags as well as wpautop()

 I suggest we do something similar or conversely we ensure that the notices
 screen accurately represents what is going to be displayed and remove
 whatever filter is being allowed on that screen for list displayed
 notices.

--
Ticket URL: <https://buddypress.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/5852>