[buddypress-trac] [BuddyPress Trac] #5960: Members pagination and search_term in ajax request from placeholder in other languages

buddypress-trac noreply at wordpress.org
Sat Oct 25 14:23:46 UTC 2014

#5960: Members pagination and search_term in ajax request from placeholder in
other languages
--------------------------+------------------
 Reporter:  An-tonio      |       Owner:
Changes (by imath):

 * keywords:   => has-patch
 * milestone:  Awaiting Review => 2.2

Comment:

 Hi An-tonio,

 Thanks a lot for your feedback. this is a side effect of r9045. I'm using
 the placeholder because if javascript is disabled the pagination don't get
 the search_terms as the field value is empty.

 I think we have two ways to solve this :
 - keep on using the placeholder to display the value of the search_term
 when the url contains a {{{s}}} parameter > see 5960.01.patch
 - or best IMHO, use the {{{placeholder}}} attribute for the default text
 {{{bp_get_search_default_text()}}} '''but''' use the {{{value}}} if a
 search was performed > see 5960.02.patch

--
Ticket URL: <https://buddypress.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/5960#comment:1>