[buddypress-trac] [BuddyPress Trac] #5733: Use wp_cache_add_global_groups() so cache is applicable throughout multisite

buddypress-trac noreply at wordpress.org
Sat Oct 11 23:04:59 UTC 2014

#5733: Use wp_cache_add_global_groups() so cache is applicable throughout
multisite
 Reporter:  wpdennis      |       Owner:

Comment (by johnjamesjacoby):

 > I think we definitely need a global group solely for counts as wpdennis
 initially brought up.

 The problem then becomes purging the entire group becomes costly for no
 reason. And because lists of items are linked to counts, caching them in
 separate groups could result in a mismatch of results VS recalculated
 count. I'd like to keep counts together with their components, unless
 there's a compelling performance-oriented reason to do otherwise.

--
Ticket URL: <https://buddypress.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/5733#comment:13>