[buddypress-trac] [BuddyPress Trac] #5733: Use wp_cache_add_global_groups() so cache is applicable throughout multisite

buddypress-trac noreply at wordpress.org
Sat Oct 11 17:48:41 UTC 2014

#5733: Use wp_cache_add_global_groups() so cache is applicable throughout
multisite
 Reporter:  wpdennis      |       Owner:

Comment (by boonebgorges):

 johnjamesjacoby - The wrapper functions with filters look good to me. I'd
 imagine there's a very slight performance hit from running through
 `apply_filters()`, but much less than not caching at all :)

 I also agree that we need to have a clearer sense of global vs network vs
 blog buckets. Please continue to update us here or elsewhere with your
 thoughts on this, and we can work on codifying it in our documentation and
 in the codebase.

--
Ticket URL: <https://buddypress.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/5733#comment:8>