[buddypress-trac] [BuddyPress Trac] #5733: Use wp_cache_add_global_groups() so cache is applicable throughout multisite

buddypress-trac noreply at wordpress.org
Sat Oct 11 16:29:52 UTC 2014

#5733: Use wp_cache_add_global_groups() so cache is applicable throughout
multisite
 Reporter:  wpdennis      |       Owner:

Comment (by johnjamesjacoby):

 The above patch likely won't apply cleanly to trunk (it's from the Flox
 repository.) Since Flox is multi-network, it's as good place as any to let
 this idea soak. The patch does a few things:

 * Introduces `bp_core_get_global_cache_key()` with a filter to allow
 changing `bp` to anything else.
 * Introduces `bp_core_get_global_cache_groups()` with a filter to allow
 plugins or core components to plug into the global cache groups array. In
 the future, I could see automatically adding cache groups as part of the
 `BP_Component` class.
 * Replaces hard-coded references of `bp` with
 `bp_core_get_global_cache_key()`.

 I'll monitor memcached and report back the results in a few days.

--
Ticket URL: <https://buddypress.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/5733#comment:7>