[buddypress-trac] [BuddyPress Trac] #5921: Add post to blog button: Enhancement suggestion for bp-blogs/bp-blogs-template.php

buddypress-trac noreply at wordpress.org
Wed Oct 1 14:16:35 UTC 2014

#5921: Add post to blog button: Enhancement suggestion for bp-blogs/bp-blogs-
template.php
---------------------------------------------+-----------------------------
 Reporter:  lenasterg                        |       Owner:
     Type:  enhancement                      |      Status:  new
Changes (by boonebgorges):

 * keywords:   => reporter-feedback needs-testing
 * milestone:   => Awaiting Review

Comment:

 I kinda like this. A few concerns for investigation:

 - I'm a bit concerned about the overhead of checking `bp_current_user_can(
 'edit_posts', $blog_id );` in the loop. If you wouldn't mind, would you do
 a bit of testing to see how that affects page load time, and in particular
 MySQL queries and memory usage?
 - My preference for the button text would be "New Post" :)

--
Ticket URL: <https://buddypress.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/5921#comment:1>