[buddypress-trac] [BuddyPress Trac] #6002: Use the Group Manage options "new" nav to build the WP Admin Bar current group's edit links

buddypress-trac noreply at wordpress.org
Sun Nov 9 14:50:10 UTC 2014

#6002: Use the Group Manage options "new" nav to build the WP Admin Bar current
group's edit links
-------------------------+-----------------------------------
 Reporter:  imath        |      Owner:
     Type:  enhancement  |     Status:  new
Component:  Groups       |    Version:
 Severity:  normal       |   Keywords:  has-patch 2nd-opinion
-------------------------+-----------------------------------
 Now that #5994 is building a "manage" subnav, i was wondering if we could
 take benefit of it to build the different edit links of the current
 group's WP Admin Bar menu.

 This would avoid doing checks we have already done in the groups component
 loader class in {{{bp_groups_group_admin_menu()}}} and would allow Groups
 extension to add their own links to this menu if using the param
 'in_admin_bar' (or another one if this name is not ok)

 The group extension part can be removed if you think it's not a good idea
 to let plugins populate this menu. But i think it would be convenient for
 core menus (especially for what i'm actually working on for the
 attachments component).

 See the attached patch.

--
Ticket URL: <https://buddypress.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/6002>