[buddypress-trac] [BuddyPress Trac] #5733: Use wp_cache_add_global_groups() so cache is applicable throughout multisite

buddypress-trac noreply at wordpress.org
Sun Nov 2 20:03:57 UTC 2014

#5733: Use wp_cache_add_global_groups() so cache is applicable throughout
multisite
 Reporter:  wpdennis      |       Owner:

Comment (by johnjamesjacoby):

 As it stands today, the only component that should be using the `bp`
 global cache key is Members, and even it would benefit from leaning more
 on WordPress's core functions and global cache groups.
 `bp_core_get_core_userdata` is one of those functions where we are
 duplicating the work of `WP_User` and `update_user_caches()`.

 Every other component would benefit from a non-global, filtered cache key,
 so we can adjust the scope to be either global, for the network, or for
 the blog, based on the installation and activation.

--
Ticket URL: <https://buddypress.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/5733#comment:18>