[buddypress-trac] [BuddyPress Trac] #5619: Allow user to edit WordPress Profile when the Extended Profiles component is disabled

buddypress-trac noreply at wordpress.org
Tue May 6 01:46:41 UTC 2014

#5619: Allow user to edit WordPress Profile when the Extended Profiles component
is disabled
-------------------------+------------------------------
 Reporter:  r-a-y        |       Owner:
     Type:  enhancement  |      Status:  new
Changes (by Azinfiro):

 * cc: azin@… (added)

Comment:

 >...we could copy bbPress' user edit profile code and use it as a fallback
 if BP's own Extended Profiles component is disabled.

 Maybe not surprisingly, I strongly support this.

 >If we were to go this route, we'd also have to consider where this page
 should live.

 For the sake of consistency with Extended Profiles, I agree that
 /members/USERNAME/profile/edit/ would be more appropriate, but the profile
 would be so light-weight without custom fields that I think having both an
 edit and a settings page for editing your profile would become redundant,
 even if they inherently serve slightly different purposes.

--
Ticket URL: <https://buddypress.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/5619#comment:1>