[buddypress-trac] [BuddyPress Trac] #5450: Problem with groups in buddypress when a comment has more than five direct answers

buddypress-trac noreply at wordpress.org
Fri Mar 14 01:26:44 UTC 2014

#5450: Problem with groups in buddypress when a comment has more than five direct
answers
 Reporter:  dmuneras                             |       Owner:
     Type:  defect (bug)                         |      Status:  closed
  feedback 2nd-opinion                           |

Comment (by boonebgorges):

 > I already found the problem. Some themes like Bounce and Buddy override
 the variable

 Aha. Yes, that'll do it. It's especially problematic if a theme decides to
 use BP's core JS, but then uses its own PHP functions for AJAX,
 localization, stuff like that. They get out of sync.

 > Could you explain to me why buddypress defines BP_DTheme in two
 different functions: bp_dtheme_enqueue_scripts and enqueue_scripts?

 Sure. `bp_dtheme_enqueue_scripts()` is used if you're running the bp-
 default theme, or a child theme of bp-default.
 `BP_Legacy::enqueue_scripts()` is used if you're using theme compatibility
 (ie, you're using a theme that doesn't natively support BuddyPress, like,
 say, Twenty Fourteen).

--
Ticket URL: <https://buddypress.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/5450#comment:3>