[buddypress-trac] [BuddyPress Trac] #5178: Certain custom permalinks with enabled root profiles results in a blank page

buddypress-trac noreply at wordpress.org
Tue Jan 21 22:28:49 UTC 2014

#5178: Certain custom permalinks with enabled root profiles results in a blank
page
---------------------------+------------------------------
 Reporter:  henrywright    |       Owner:  johnjamesjacoby
     Type:  defect (bug)   |      Status:  closed
Changes (by johnjamesjacoby):

 * status:  assigned => closed
 * resolution:   => duplicate
 * milestone:  Future Release =>

Comment:

 Rewrite rules should take care of this completely. Author archives are
 special cased in WordPress, so I'm anticipating some amount of
 complications. There is little we can do about this now unfortunately. We
 could check the default permalink structure, and try to dance around
 conflicts in cases like this, but different permutations will quickly
 rabbit hole us into circumventing something that we have plans to
 correctly fix.

 I'm going to close this as a duplicate of #4954, knowing it will be
 addressed once rewrite rules are playing nicely.

--
Ticket URL: <https://buddypress.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/5178#comment:4>