[buddypress-trac] [BuddyPress Trac] #5328: Use of the WordPress HeartBeat API to check for newest activities and to let user load them

buddypress-trac noreply at wordpress.org
Wed Feb 26 12:16:50 UTC 2014

#5328: Use of the WordPress HeartBeat API to check for newest activities and to
let user load them
-------------------------------------------------+---------------------
 Reporter:  imath                                |       Owner:  imath
     Type:  enhancement                          |      Status:  closed

Comment (by boonebgorges):

 > We used to seem to be more rigorous about bumping the minimum version to
 whatever the latest WP version was at time of release, as there's no
 reason to encourage people to stay on out-of-date WordPresses.

 IIRC, this bumping was arbitrary. I strongly oppose bumping our minimum
 requirements just because we think people "ought to" be running a certain
 version of WP. We should encourage updates, but not by the manipulation of
 something that ought to be driven by technical considerations.

 That said, a number of issues have come up, this being the most
 significant, that suggest that we ought to drop support for WP 3.5.x. I'm
 OK with that.

--
Ticket URL: <https://buddypress.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/5328#comment:27>