[buddypress-trac] [BuddyPress Trac] #5384: All @-mention notifications cleared when anonymous user visits another user's activity feed

buddypress-trac noreply at wordpress.org
Sat Feb 8 14:53:13 UTC 2014

#5384: All @-mention notifications cleared when anonymous user visits another
user's activity feed
-----------------------------------+--------------------
 Reporter:  SlothLoveChunk         |       Owner:
     Type:  defect (bug)           |      Status:  new
Changes (by boonebgorges):

 * keywords:   => has-patch 2nd-opinion

Comment:

 So, this is kind of a mess. Left over from the old notifications system,
 we clear at-mention notifications on the following events:

 - 'bp_activity_screen_my_activity'
 (http://example.com/members/boone/activity/)
 - 'bp_activity_screen_single_activity_permalink'
 (http://example.com/activity/p/12345/)
 - 'bp_activity_screen_mentions'
 (http://example.com/members/boone/activity/mentions/)

 We don't take into account the current user in any of these cases. This
 seems far, far too broad to me. Here's the activity I'd expect:

 - When user boone visits
 http://example.com/members/boone/activity/mentions/, all of his activity
 mention notifications are marked read
 - When user boone visits http://example.com/activity/p/12345/, at-mention
 notifications belonging to boone and related to activity #12345 should be
 marked read
 - When visiting http://example.com/members/boone/activity/, nothing
 happens.

 See 5384.patch. Can I ask someone to chime in and let me know whether they
 share my intuition about how this ought to work?

--
Ticket URL: <https://buddypress.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/5384#comment:2>