[buddypress-trac] [BuddyPress Trac] #5591: Extended Profile Tab for User Profile only visible in Network Admin on Multisite Installs

buddypress-trac noreply at wordpress.org
Fri Apr 25 19:03:07 UTC 2014

#5591: Extended Profile Tab for User Profile only visible in Network Admin on
Multisite Installs
 Reporter:  janpeters     |       Owner:
Changes (by boonebgorges):

 * cc: imath (added)

Comment:

 When BuddyPress is network activated (which I'm assuming it is in your
 case), we don't show the Extended Profile fields in the single blog wp-
 admin by design. The original motivation for this is that the rest of BP
 management happens in Network Admin (Settings, Groups, Activity), so it
 makes sense to have this here too - it helps to ensure that only the users
 who *ought* to have access *do* have access.

 However, on further consideration, I think that you're right, and the
 fields should be available everywhere. imath, how hard would it be to show
 the fields all the time when BP is network activated, limiting permissions
 based on `current_user_can( 'bp_moderate' )`?

--
Ticket URL: <https://buddypress.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/5591#comment:1>