[buddypress-trac] [BuddyPress Trac] #5577: xProfile Field Groups rendered in wrong order in User > Profile > View Screen

buddypress-trac noreply at wordpress.org
Fri Apr 25 13:48:24 UTC 2014

#5577: xProfile Field Groups rendered in wrong order in User > Profile > View
Screen
 Reporter:  mercime       |       Owner:

Comment (by boonebgorges):

 Thanks for the additional details, mercime. But even when using this exact
 data, I can't reproduce - groups are showing up as expected, even for the
 exact user displayed in your screenshot.

 There is one bit of funny business I've noticed, which is that the
 `group_order` column in your xprofile groups field is 0 for each group.
 This happens when the groups are initially created, and have not been
 reordered manually (by dragging and dropping the tabs in Dashboard > Users
 > Profile Fields). That said, with group_order=0, the query should fall
 back on the primary key for ordering the fields, which is the "correct"
 order. That's what's happening on my test install.

 It's not clear to me under what circumstances BP (or mysql) would choose
 to order them Charities, Hobbies, Base, Work Experience. It's not
 alphabetical, doesn't match the creation order, etc.

 Anything coming to mind that I may have missed?

--
Ticket URL: <https://buddypress.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/5577#comment:5>