[buddypress-trac] [BuddyPress Trac] #5589: Duplicated fields using Buddypress Xprofile Custom Fields Type and custom theme not from buddypress

buddypress-trac noreply at wordpress.org
Fri Apr 25 10:16:11 UTC 2014

#5589: Duplicated fields using Buddypress Xprofile Custom Fields Type and custom
theme not from buddypress
 Reporter:  atallos       |      Owner:
     Type:  defect (bug)  |     Status:  new
Component:  XProfile      |    Version:  2.0
 Severity:  normal        |   Keywords:
 This is a follow-up to #5220.

 Hi, I'm not sure if this is a bug, maybe this is not and I need to rewrite
 my plugin.

 Some users reported in my support forum. They are using themes not from
 buddypress like TwentyThirteen, TwentyFourteen. The registration form and
 edit profile form is displaying two fields when they use a custom type
 from my plugin. The first one is a textbox, the second one is the custom
 type from my plugin.

 I believe the problem is due to function "bp_xprofile_create_field_type"
 inside bp-xprofile/bp-xprofile-functions.php. The function receive a
 custom type and return always BP_XProfile_Field_Type_Textbox if the type
 doesn't exist. Can this function return null? The template must be
 modified also to avoid trying to display a field from a null class.

 If this is not a bug and returning BP_XProfile_Field_Type_Textbox is
 necessary then I will need to rewrite my plugin.

 Thanks anyway!

--
Ticket URL: <https://buddypress.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/5589>