[buddypress-trac] [BuddyPress Trac] #5553: BP 2.0 upgrade routine improperly deletes existing user roles if activation_key usermeta is present

buddypress-trac noreply at wordpress.org
Tue Apr 22 14:58:28 UTC 2014

#5553: BP 2.0 upgrade routine improperly deletes existing user roles if
activation_key usermeta is present
-----------------------------------+--------------------
 Reporter:  boonebgorges           |       Owner:
     Type:  defect (bug)           |      Status:  new

Comment (by boonebgorges):

 imath - Thanks. But your 5553.06.diff won't work, because the new
 activation keys will be different from the old ones. That means that
 existing links in activation emails will no longer work.

 This is getting too complicated, so I broke it out and wrote some unit
 tests. See 5553.07.diff. I've kept the 'fields' param of get_users() as
 you set it up, and performed a separate query to get existing activation
 keys, which I then merge back into the $signups array. This should still
 have much less overhead than `all_with_meta`, which grabs *all* usermeta
 and puts it in the cache.

 Unit tests are now passing. Let me know what you think.

--
Ticket URL: <https://buddypress.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/5553#comment:16>