[buddypress-trac] [BuddyPress Trac] #5553: BP 2.0 upgrade routine improperly deletes existing user roles if activation_key usermeta is present

buddypress-trac noreply at wordpress.org
Tue Apr 22 05:27:55 UTC 2014

#5553: BP 2.0 upgrade routine improperly deletes existing user roles if
activation_key usermeta is present
-----------------------------------+--------------------
 Reporter:  boonebgorges           |       Owner:
     Type:  defect (bug)           |      Status:  new

Comment (by imath):

 Replying to [comment:14 boonebgorges]:
 > What do you think of changing the `'fields'` clause..
 I think i agree with you :)
 all with meta was here to include the activation_key user_meta.
 If we're sure no plugin is playing with the way a BuddyPress activation
 key is generated, we can just use the array of fields i've put in
 5553.06.diff, and rebuild the activation key as it won't be in the query
 in this case.

--
Ticket URL: <https://buddypress.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/5553#comment:15>