[buddypress-trac] [BuddyPress Trac] #5562: Disabling threaded comments in the admin does not affect activity stream comments

buddypress-trac noreply at wordpress.org
Sun Apr 20 23:20:21 UTC 2014

#5562: Disabling threaded comments in the admin does not affect activity stream
comments
--------------------------+------------------
 Reporter:  pollyplummer  |       Owner:
Changes (by pollyplummer):

 * cc: keepingcozy@… (added)

Comment:

 My initial report was a bit wrong in saying that "The expected behavior
 would be to have comment replies completely turned off if threaded
 comments are set to disabled."  Actually, the expected behavior would be
 that threading is turned off. Commenting on activity items would still be
 open, but threading beneath would be turned off. So it wouldn't disable
 the activity commenting feature altogether, in the same way that disabling
 threaded comments in the discussion settings doesn't disable commenting.
 But I do agree that it might be jarring to have threading suddenly at 2 in
 the activity stream. Upgrading to 2.0+ doesn't retroactively disable all
 the threaded comment trees - it just changes the ability to reply within
 the tree. I think that the lack of threading would soon be discovered, if
 it's important. What about having a separate activity comment threading
 setting in the BuddyPress settings menu? Because it isn't at all clear
 that the Discussion settings for comments also work for BP activity.

--
Ticket URL: <https://buddypress.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/5562#comment:6>