[buddypress-trac] [BuddyPress Trac] #5553: BP 2.0 upgrade routine improperly deletes existing user roles if activation_key usermeta is present

buddypress-trac noreply at wordpress.org
Thu Apr 17 14:21:29 UTC 2014

#5553: BP 2.0 upgrade routine improperly deletes existing user roles if
activation_key usermeta is present
-----------------------------------+--------------------
 Reporter:  boonebgorges           |       Owner:
     Type:  defect (bug)           |      Status:  new

Comment (by DJPaul):

 The idea about deleting a meta key if we don't need to use, worries me.
 What if something else is expecting it to be there in some situation where
 we've decided to delete it?

 What also is the point of re-generating the activation key if we're never
 going to tell the user what it is (re-send the activation email, etc).

--
Ticket URL: <https://buddypress.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/5553#comment:8>