[buddypress-trac] [BuddyPress] #5173: Allowing plugin to style group rows in directory & widget loops and in admin ui

buddypress-trac noreply at wordpress.org
Sat Sep 14 09:55:45 UTC 2013

#5173: Allowing plugin to style group rows in directory & widget loops and in
admin ui
 Reporter:  imath        |      Owner:
     Type:  enhancement  |     Status:  new
Component:  Groups       |    Version:  1.8.1
 Severity:  normal       |   Keywords:
 Hi,

 This request is relative to #2242 . I've built a plugin to stick groups in
 the groups directory. So far i'm filtering the bp_get_group_name tag to
 style the sticky groups. But that's definitely a very bad idea i had. The
 reason is that bp_get_group_name is used in select box options, in group
 edit field, and in link titles (i think another non filterable function
 should be used for these cases, i'll post a suggestion in a next ticket).

 So to avoid breaking the html, i've temporarly encapsulated the filters
 between the 'bp_before_groups_loop' and 'bp_after_groups_loop', but as
 soon as a theme will for example use {{{title="<?php
 bp_group_name();?>"}}} in the link tag, that will break the html :( and
 will populate the support of the bp-sticky-groups plugin ;)

 I've noticed that since 1.7, there was an interesting template tag :
 {{{bp_group_class()}}}. But it isn't use by default in bp-legacy or bp-
 default groups-loop.php templates. I imagine this tag is there to help
 theme designers to include it in their templates. Well, in the case of bp-
 sticky-groups, if this tag was used by "default", it would help me a lot
 !!

 So, in the attached diff, i'm suggesting to use it  and i also suggest to
 allow plugins to filter group admin ui row class as it will help in my
 case to also style the sticky groups in the admin listing.

--
Ticket URL: <https://buddypress.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/5173>