[buddypress-trac] [BuddyPress] #5210: Using DISTINCT in the select statement when retrieving activity data slows down the query

buddypress-trac noreply at wordpress.org
Thu Oct 24 23:12:16 UTC 2013

#5210: Using DISTINCT in the select statement when retrieving activity data slows
down the query
-------------------------------+------------------------------
 Reporter:  kwerri             |       Owner:
     Type:  enhancement        |      Status:  new

Comment (by kwerri):

 Hi,

 Thanks for the response.

 I'll need to set up a separate server with the DISTINCT keyword added back
 to the code, and then I'll post some of the queries that are being run, as
 well as the result of profiling such queries, and the result of running an
 EXPLAIN on it.

 The activity table is pretty big - about close to 200k records.

--
Ticket URL: <https://buddypress.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/5210#comment:2>