[buddypress-trac] [BuddyPress] #5259: Single notifications are deleted instead of being marked as read for plugins

buddypress-trac noreply at wordpress.org
Wed Nov 27 05:21:39 UTC 2013

#5259: Single notifications are deleted instead of being marked as read for
plugins
---------------------------+------------------
 Reporter:  henrywright    |       Owner:
     Type:  defect (bug)   |      Status:  new

Comment (by r-a-y):

 `01.patch` is a quick patch that does a few things:

 * Revert r7529
 * Removes all `bp_core_mark_notifications_by_X()` wrapper functions.
 * Moves all delete notification firing for all components to `bp-
 notification-actions.php`.
 * In `bp-notification-actions.php`, use the new notification functions
 introduced in `bp-notification-functions.php` instead of the older
 notification functions.
 * For the older notification functions, I've changed the behavior to mark
 as read instead of outright deleting them.  I've also marked these
 functions as deprecated with phpDoc.

 Let me know what you think of the approach.

--
Ticket URL: <https://buddypress.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/5259#comment:3>