[buddypress-trac] [BuddyPress] #4855: Method to override a plugins use of plugins.php or add filters to bp_template_title and bp_template_content

buddypress-trac noreply at wordpress.org
Thu Mar 7 00:18:17 UTC 2013

#4855: Method to override a plugins use of plugins.php or add filters to
bp_template_title and bp_template_content
------------------------------------+-----------------------------
 Reporter:  modemlooper             |       Owner:
     Type:  defect (bug)            |      Status:  reopened

Comment (by boonebgorges):

 Right. I think that theme compat shows that the way of the future is
 template hierarchy, so it makes sense that we would have a system going
 forward that would encourage using template hierarchy as a best practice.
 I'm imagining that the plugin-content.php template would actually be
 *empty*, or at most would contain a `do_action( 'bp_template_content' )`
 hook for backpat; then we would update our plugin documentation (ie the
 skeleton component) to encourage plugin devs to put their markup into an
 appropriate template part (instead of a callback), and then add their
 plugin template location to the bottom of the BP template stack. There are
 some details to be worked out with  this config, but it seems the most
 elegant going forward.

--
Ticket URL: <https://buddypress.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/4855#comment:30>