[buddypress-trac] [BuddyPress] #4855: Method to override a plugins use of plugins.php or add filters to bp_template_title and bp_template_content

buddypress-trac noreply at wordpress.org
Thu Mar 7 00:00:43 UTC 2013

#4855: Method to override a plugins use of plugins.php or add filters to
bp_template_title and bp_template_content
------------------------------------+-----------------------------
 Reporter:  modemlooper             |       Owner:
     Type:  defect (bug)            |      Status:  reopened

Comment (by modemlooper):

 Thanks, Boone. I am using output buffering before R-A-Y even suggested and
 I didn't really want to do that. Another reason to use a sub template is
 if a plugin supplies a template and then you want the ability for a theme
 to override your own template file like how we do it for BuddyPress. It's
 just easier to use a file than dehooking actions and messing with
 plugins.php which should be nothing more than a holder as it does not but
 with added benefit of not getting replaced by a plugin.

--
Ticket URL: <https://buddypress.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/4855#comment:29>