[buddypress-trac] [BuddyPress] #4855: Method to override a plugins use of plugins.php or add filters to bp_template_title and bp_template_content

buddypress-trac noreply at wordpress.org
Wed Mar 6 18:05:15 UTC 2013

#4855: Method to override a plugins use of plugins.php or add filters to
bp_template_title and bp_template_content
------------------------------------+-----------------------
 Reporter:  modemlooper             |       Owner:
     Type:  defect (bug)            |      Status:  reopened

Comment (by r-a-y):

 > r-a-y, can you give an example of an existing plugin that fails in the
 way you describe? I don't totally understand what happens in such a case.

 In theory, no existing plugin has this problem, but it becomes a problem
 when a plugin is trying to support both bp-default and bp-legacy
 uniformity in BP 1.7, which is what modemlooper and myself are running
 into.

 The major problem is the hooks and markup in /members/single/plugins.php
 are slightly different between bp-default and bp-legacy.

 `02.patch` outlines the new conditional from bp-legacy that I've ported
 back to bp-default.  The patch doesn't address the rearranging of hooks
 such as `'bp_before_member_plugin_template'` and
 `'bp_after_member_plugin_template'`.

 Plugins will also need to hack `bp_is_current_component_core()` to remove
 the options nav if they need to.  I'm running into this use-case.

 `02.patch` is actually better and less of a nuisance than `01.patch`, but
 custom themes would still need to apply this change to their plugins.php.

 Let me know if I need to elaborate on anything.

--
Ticket URL: <https://buddypress.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/4855#comment:21>