[buddypress-trac] [BuddyPress] #5036: Standalone theme with partial templates copied over uses theme compat to render missing templates

buddypress-trac noreply at wordpress.org
Thu Jul 11 02:52:04 UTC 2013

#5036: Standalone theme with partial templates copied over uses theme compat to
render missing templates
--------------------------+----------------------
 Reporter:  hnla          |       Owner:
     Type:  defect (bug)  |      Status:  closed
Changes (by johnjamesjacoby):

 * status:  new => closed
 * resolution:   => wontfix
 * milestone:  Awaiting Review =>

Comment:

 I'd rather we not use one existing switch to operate two separate pieces
 of functionality. It's relatively easy to kill already, though it's not
 documented anywhere.

 That said... the whole purpose of theme compatibility is to fill in the
 gaps of missing templates, and to avoid our previous white-screen
 situation. If someone wants to disable theme compat, they can unhook it on
 their own.

 Closing this as wontfix. We can still continue the discussion here though,
 and reopen if anything changes.

--
Ticket URL: <https://buddypress.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/5036#comment:3>