[buddypress-trac] [BuddyPress] #4786: Big activity stream bug after editing an entry in the activity dashboard - introduced in 1.6.3

buddypress-trac noreply at wordpress.org
Fri Feb 15 01:49:02 UTC 2013

#4786: Big activity stream bug after editing an entry in the activity dashboard -
introduced in 1.6.3
--------------------------+-----------------------
 Reporter:  rossagrant    |       Owner:
     Type:  defect (bug)  |      Status:  reopened
Changes (by r-a-y):

 * cc: DJPaul (added)

Comment:

 I've replied to the Github ticket.

 I think this is a pretty big awareness issue for plugin developers as most
 plugins will probably have never used `bp_activity_set_action()` before.

 I have to say that until this ticket, I never used to register my activity
 actions either.  And `bp_activity_set_action()` is relatively old since it
 was introduced in v1.1!

 A post on the BP devel blog should probably be made.  The BP Skeleton
 Component should also be updated as well,.

 FYI, the activity dashboard currently looks for registered activity
 actions here and was commited in r5484:
 https://buddypress.trac.wordpress.org/browser/tags/1.6.4/bp-activity/bp-
 activity-admin.php#L426

 The alternative is to make the activity dashboard validation a little bit
 more flexible.

 I'm going to ping DJPaul as he's the one who built the activity dashboard.

--
Ticket URL: <https://buddypress.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/4786#comment:8>