[buddypress-trac] [BuddyPress] #4652: Edit Profile Link Returns Error (with User ID Instead of User Name and without Domain but Directory Only)

buddypress-trac noreply at wordpress.org
Thu Nov 8 16:19:36 UTC 2012

#4652: Edit Profile Link Returns Error (with User ID Instead of User Name and
without Domain but Directory Only)
--------------------------------+-----------------------------
 Reporter:  minminloveislonely  |      Owner:
     Type:  defect (bug)        |     Status:  new
Component:  Core                |    Version:  1.6.1
 Severity:  critical            |   Keywords:  needs-patch
--------------------------------+-----------------------------
 Upgraded to 1.6.1. Have some problems. When I click on buddypress
 directories and / or "single" member's profile etc. it returns infinite
 redirect loop error.

 So I tried to delete the child theme files, and in this way, I assume
 system will look for the files in default theme, then it works mostly.

 However, there's one link still not working, that is the edit profile link
 for each member. And it returns to error page like this: http://members/1
 ("1" is apparently the user id) So it returns the url with user id instead
 of user name.

 I use the default edit.php in default theme. Suppose it's not the issue of
 my child theme then.

 I need help otherwise members cannot edit their profiles. Why does the
 script look for user id instead of user name and why doesn't the url
 contain domain but only the directory name?

--
Ticket URL: <https://buddypress.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/4652>