[buddypress-trac] [BuddyPress] #4232: Private Group Updates not showing in Activity Loop for Members in that Private Group

buddypress-trac at lists.automattic.com buddypress-trac at lists.automattic.com
Sun Jun 3 02:54:08 UTC 2012

#4232: Private Group Updates not showing in Activity Loop for Members in that
Private Group
 Reporter:  golfknob      |      Owner:
     Type:  defect (bug)  |     Status:  new
Component:  Activity      |    Version:  1.5.5
 Severity:  major         |   Keywords:
 I am having some issues with updates to Private Groups, and I hope I can
 explain it well...

 First off, I have two "test" accounts on my test site (one is an admin,
 the other is a subscriber). They are both friends with each other, and
 both below to a Public Group and the same Private Group.

 I also have an activity feed (loop) on my front page to show 5 most recent
 activities from the community.

 When either test account posts in the Public Group, it shows up in the
 activity feed on the front page no problem. I can view it from both
 accounts. I can also go to my "Activity" page and see it under the Tab
 "All Members" in both accounts. Also, if I'm signed into one account, I
 can go to the other account's profile page and see on their wall what they
 posted in the Public Group.

 HOWEVER, things get interesting and down right confusing when posting in a
 Private group.

 When I post an update in a Private Group with either account, I cannot see
 that in the activity loop nor on the wall of the user's account who placed
 that post. The ONLY place I can see if/what the user posted is either in
 the Private Group page itself or if I go to the "Activity" page and click
 on the "My Groups" tabs. I find this odd because the chances of just
 randomly going to check out a Private Group Page without seeing in the
 activity feed that one of the members posted an update is pretty slim.

 This doesn't make sense to me since both accounts are friends and they
 both belong to the same Private Group.

 How come the activity loop does not include Private Group updates if you
 belong to that group? And If you are friends with a person AND in the same
 Private Group as them...how come you can't go to that user's Profile Page
 and see what they typed on the Private Group wall??

 Any help on this would be GREATLY appreciated.

 ****There has been a couple sparse times when I reload the activity page
 all of a sudden the Private Group Posts will show, however, then they
 disappear right away again.****

 Thanks,
 Adam

--