[buddypress-trac] [BuddyPress] #4138: Possible BUG - Create new forum topic not functioning with periods in end of title field

buddypress-trac at lists.automattic.com buddypress-trac at lists.automattic.com
Tue Apr 10 19:04:53 UTC 2012

#4138: Possible BUG - Create new forum topic not functioning with periods in end
of title field
 Reporter:  chr313        |      Owner:
     Type:  defect (bug)  |     Status:  new
Component:  Forums        |    Version:
 Severity:  normal        |   Keywords:
 When creating a new topic titled "I am having an issue trying to find a
 specific Brand…" the next page says "page cannot be found". After going
 back to the topics page I can see the topic created but cannot get to the
 topic as it still shows "page cannot be found" when I click the topic
 name. I can see that the url has the "…" in the permalink slug, but this
 did not happen in older versions of buddypress (1.2.9). I could create the
 same topic title in the older version and it would be ok and trim the "…"
 out of the url/permalink.

 I thought it was any special character but it seems it only happens with
 the 3 periods. It happens every time I try to post.

 Solutions nor possible bugs were on the support forum about this issue.

 test site: chr313.powweb.com/1.5.0/

 Thank you for any help,

 1. Which version of WordPress are you running? 3.2.1
 2. Did you install WordPress as a directory or subdomain install? domain
 3. If a directory install, is it in root or in a subdirectory?
 subdirectory
 4. Did you upgrade from a previous version of WordPress? If so, from which
 version? No
 5. Was WordPress functioning properly before installing/upgrading
 BuddyPress (BP)? e.g. permalinks, creating a new post, commenting. Yes
 6. Which version of BP are you running? 1.5
 7. Did you upgraded from a previous version of BP? If so, from which
 version? No
 8. Do you have any plugins other than BuddyPress installed and activated?
 If so, which ones? BP achievements, BP auto group join, BP community
 stats, BP global unified search, BP groups directory extras, BP member
 profile stats, BP rate forum posts.
 9. Are you using the standard BuddyPress themes or customized themes? I am
 using a child theme which is the direct copy of the default theme with
 some customization.
 10. Have you modified the core files in any way? no
 11. Do you have any custom functions in bp-custom.php? no
 12. If running bbPress, which version? Or did your BuddyPress install come
 with a copy of bbPress built-in? built-in
 13. Please provide a list of any errors in your server’s log files.
 14. Which company provides your hosting? Powweb
 15. Is your server running Windows, or if Linux; Apache, nginx or
 something else? I believe Linux

--
Ticket URL: <https://buddypress.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/4138>