[buddypress-trac] [BuddyPress] #3782: User avatar in the Admin bar drop down is incorrectly sized when it is the default.

buddypress-trac at lists.automattic.com buddypress-trac at lists.automattic.com
Thu Dec 15 00:19:00 UTC 2011

#3782: User avatar in the Admin bar drop down is incorrectly sized when it is the
default.
------------------------------+--------------------
 Reporter:  fanquake          |       Owner:
     Type:  defect (bug)      |      Status:  new

Comment (by boonebgorges):

 This issue sucks. Here's what's happening:

 The markup for our BP avatar specifies the correct height and width
 params:
 {{{height="64" width="64"}}}
 but these values are being overridden by the following style in WP's
 admin-bar stylesheet:
 {{{#wpadminbar * { height: auto; width: auto; } }}}

 The reason why it's not a problem for WP's core implementation is that
 get_avatar() gets a default image *from Gravatar*, so that when a user
 does not have a Gravatar, the default image that is served is generated at
 the proper size: 64x64. We, on the other hand, pass a *local path* to
 Gravatar to serve as the default image, and the default image is 128x128.

 Based on this, I don't see a way around it - we have to load our own
 stylesheet.

--
Ticket URL: <https://buddypress.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/3782#comment:12>