[buddypress-trac] [BuddyPress] #3480: Upgrade from 1.2.9 to 1.5 breaks profile page, causes permanent redirect to site homepage

buddypress-trac at lists.automattic.com buddypress-trac at lists.automattic.com
Mon Aug 15 15:29:14 UTC 2011

#3480: Upgrade from 1.2.9 to 1.5 breaks profile page, causes permanent redirect to
site homepage
----------------------+------------------
 Reporter:  foxly     |       Owner:
     Type:  defect    |      Status:  new

Comment (by foxly):

 I've also managed to reproduce it on my system with a clean WP install.
 Debug output attached.

 Specific steps to reproduce:

 1) Create database 'test' on SQL Server
 2) Install wordpress using database 'test' login 'root' pass (none), admin
 account 'admin' pass 'test'
 3) Copy buddypress 1.2.9 files to plugins directory
 4) Activate buddypress
 5) Go through config wizard changing URL structure, setting template as
 pb-default, etc
 6) Delete all the files in the buddypress plugin folder
 7) Copy the buddypress 1.5 beta2 files to the plugin folder
 8) Refresh admin screen
 9) Error

 ...fanquake, let's try deactivating BP before we do the file overwrite.

--
Ticket URL: <https://buddypress.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/3480#comment:15>