[buddypress-trac] [BuddyPress] #3455: BuddyPress activity comment recording for Blog posts does not honour the WordPress post type visibility

buddypress-trac at lists.automattic.com buddypress-trac at lists.automattic.com
Tue Aug 9 12:13:14 UTC 2011

#3455: BuddyPress activity comment recording for Blog posts does not honour the
WordPress post type visibility
-------------------------+------------------
 Reporter:  sbrajesh     |       Owner:
     Type:  enhancement  |      Status:  new
Changes (by boonebgorges):

 * milestone:  Awaiting Review => 1.5

Comment:

 > I'd prefer for Buddypress to support comments for custom post types
 rather than force plugin developers to reinvent the wheel

 Yes, that's what I'm talking about. Right now, BP appears to handle them
 sort of accidentally, in a buggy way. That will be disabled for 1.5, as it
 causes privacy problems like the one that sbrajesh brings up. The future
 enhancement will have full support for all CPTs.

 > I will love to hear some more on the API for custom post type activity
 posting.

 I've opened a separate ticket for discussion: #3460

 > Is there any plan for using custom post type for activity stream(and the
 comments as activity comments) in bp 1.6.

 Yes. The plan, at the moment, is to move all data that we currently keep
 in custom tables into WP core tables, via CPTs.

--
Ticket URL: <https://buddypress.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/3455#comment:4>