[buddypress-trac] [BuddyPress] #3422: Components registered via bp_core_add_root_component() produce zillions of pages when original page is deleted

buddypress-trac at lists.automattic.com buddypress-trac at lists.automattic.com
Tue Aug 2 20:32:21 UTC 2011

#3422: Components registered via bp_core_add_root_component() produce zillions of
pages when original page is deleted
--------------------------+------------------
 Reporter:  boonebgorges  |       Owner:
     Type:  defect        |      Status:  new

Comment (by boonebgorges):

 > Would it be possible when BP creates the pages, that they create them as
 hidden pages that don't show up in the nav menu?

 I don't think we want that. Having the pages show up in the main nav is a
 feature, not a bug. It will create some annoyance for people upgrading
 from BP 1.2.9 (where they may have hardcoded their menus), but it's much
 better in the long run for people to be able to use WP's custom menus. And
 for most people, pages-as-menus will continue to be a good option.

--
Ticket URL: <https://buddypress.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/3422#comment:10>