[buddypress-trac] [BuddyPress] #3422: Components registered via bp_core_add_root_component() produce zillions of pages when original page is deleted

buddypress-trac at lists.automattic.com buddypress-trac at lists.automattic.com
Tue Aug 2 20:02:25 UTC 2011

#3422: Components registered via bp_core_add_root_component() produce zillions of
pages when original page is deleted
--------------------------+------------------
 Reporter:  boonebgorges  |       Owner:
     Type:  defect        |      Status:  new

Comment (by enderandrew):

 I can confirm this behavior. I tried installing the Buddypress Privacy
 plugin, which calls bp_core_add_root_component() and in turn, created
 pages for Welcome, Maintenance, Privacy and Privacy-Profile. I didn't want
 those pages at the top of my nav menu, and I already have comparable pages
 for those functions already. I deleted those 4 pages, and then it kept
 creating tons of those pages with each new page load. I also saw the
 message:

 Some of your WordPress pages are linked to BuddyPress Components that are
 disabled: Welcome, Maintenance, Privacy, Privacy-Profile. [Repair]

 But Repair didn't seem to do anything.

--
Ticket URL: <https://buddypress.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/3422#comment:7>