[buddypress-trac] [BuddyPress] #2429: in main blog directory url for main blog is wrong if activity stream is on homepage

buddypress-trac at lists.automattic.com buddypress-trac at lists.automattic.com
Sun Jun 6 18:01:57 UTC 2010

#2429: in main blog directory url for main blog is wrong if activity stream is on
homepage
 Reporter:  dwenaus  |       Owner:
     Type:  defect   |      Status:  new
Component:  Core     |    Keywords:
 if the home page of the main blog is set to show the Activity Stream, then
 in the blog listings, the url of the main blog should go to the blog
 posts, not the main page (which is not a blog any more).

 in the file bp-blogs-templatetags.php the function bp_get_blog_permalink()
 needs to be changed to check for this. my code is as follows:

 if ( 'page' == get_option('show_on_front')  &&  $permalink ==
 bp_get_root_domain().'/' ) {
         return get_permalink( get_option('page_for_posts') );
 }

 but I'm not sure if it should go after the if statement on line 225 or
 within it because I don't really understand what $blog_template is.

 I tested my code only on directory based blogs, not sub domain blogs.

--
Ticket URL: <http://trac.buddypress.org/ticket/2429>