[buddypress-trac] [BuddyPress] #2539: Amazon CloudFront with Dreamhost web hosting and W3TotalCache plugin using CDN - almost there!

buddypress-trac at lists.automattic.com buddypress-trac at lists.automattic.com
Mon Jul 19 07:47:36 UTC 2010

#2539: Amazon CloudFront with Dreamhost web hosting and W3TotalCache plugin using
CDN - almost there!
 Reporter:  catwebweaver  |       Owner:
     Type:  defect        |      Status:  new
Component:  Core          |    Keywords:

Comment(by johnjamesjacoby):

 Hi catwebweaver!

 We're using W3TC on testbp.org but we're using the Amazon S3 CDN. So far
 we're having really good results, but there's certain things you can't do
 reliably in this current version of BuddyPress; like page caching in
 situations where things are activity based. You would need to refresh or
 re-prime the caches so often that the benefits would probably be
 negligible.

 In a future version of BP we're going to look into fragment caching the
 template, but that won't be for a bit yet.

--
Ticket URL: <http://trac.buddypress.org/ticket/2539#comment:2>