[buddypress-trac] [BuddyPress] #1999: "There was a problem posting your update, please try again." when running MySQL in Strict Mode

buddypress-trac at lists.automattic.com buddypress-trac at lists.automattic.com
Sat Feb 27 23:41:30 UTC 2010

#1999: "There was a problem posting your update, please try again." when running
MySQL in Strict Mode
-------------------------------+--------------------------------------------
Reporter:  Zooney              |       Owner:
    Type:  defect              |      Status:  new

Comment(by nickbwatson):

 I don't know if this helps you at all, but I'm sure I figured out exactly
 WHEN the error occurs.

 If you have any selection boxes (checkboxes, radio buttons, drop boxes)
 that don't have a selection in them, you will receive the error.  SO as
 long as you select an option in each selection field, you won't get the
 error.

 This occurs even if the fields aren't "required".  I tried this on just a
 normal text box, and it works fine (no error).  It's only selections.
 It's as if it's treating all the selection fields as if they are required.

 I hope that helped.

--
Ticket URL: <http://trac.buddypress.org/ticket/1999#comment:8>