[buddypress-trac] [BuddyPress] #2498: Change CSS in Activity Filter Drop-Down Select Box to Account for text width

buddypress-trac at lists.automattic.com buddypress-trac at lists.automattic.com
Sun Dec 5 17:38:37 UTC 2010

#2498: Change CSS in Activity Filter Drop-Down Select Box to Account for text
width
-----------------------+----------------------------------------------------
  Reporter:  pisanojm  |       Owner:
      Type:  defect    |      Status:  closed
 Component:  Activity  |     Version:
Resolution:  wontfix   |    Keywords:  css, filter
-----------------------+----------------------------------------------------
Changes (by boonebgorges):

  * status:  new => closed
  * resolution:  => wontfix

Comment:

 As jjj says, we can't really predict with any certainty how this is going
 to work in other languages, as well as the items that plugins add to the
 filter list. And because the filter is in an li element, you have to have
 some kind of max-width to make sure that in doesn't mess with the rest of
 the items on the line. (The filter on buddypress.org does not appear in an
 li element, but that's because of a child theme.)

 As long as the bp-default width has enough room to contain the most common
 strings from the languages we are conversant in, I think the best we can
 do is to ask site owners to use a child theme to make the box wider when
 necessary.

--
Ticket URL: <https://trac.buddypress.org/ticket/2498#comment:2>