[buddypress-dev] Buddypress theme in IE

phlux0r phlux0r at gmail.com
Wed Sep 17 22:06:26 GMT 2008

Hi, I've noticed that the buddypress theme has some issues when viewed
in IE. Especially IE6 but also IE7. The profile column is very narrow
and in IE6 there is a big gap between the Basic Profile title bar and
the basic profile info... Of course, the drop-downs don't work in IE6 (I
assume they need the hover fix added). I'll fix this if it isn't fixed
by the time I get to that part of my project (next week probably).

Also, I'm assuming that it will be possible to create custom buddypress
themes once the api is stable? I'm not sure if the approach with the
admin bar being in the bp-core is conducive to separating presentation
from code. Maybe this could be moved to the theme's function.php file or
made into a separate plugin/component? I assume that this is due to the
early stage in BuddyPress development and that it will be dealt with at
some point :).

My concerns are that I'm trying to find a way to manage frequent
Buddypres updates in the context of my project where I do need to
customise at least the theme's CSS styles and logos. It would be great
if there was a provision made soon to enable custom buddypress themes to
be installed.

Thanks Andy for all the good work on this.

Cheers,
Robert