[buddypress-dev] Re: How-To needed for translation

Florin - SegwayInfo segwayinfo at gmail.com
Tue Sep 16 15:39:37 GMT 2008

Hi,

I would like to use Buddypress to start a new online community,
however I want it to be 100% Dutch.

I have been googleing for info about translating WordPress Multiple
users (WPMU) and Buddypress, but all I find is about translating the
normal WP. Can somebody give me some info on how to get the started
with translating WPMU and Buddypress?

I guess it's a matter of translating POT and PO files, but I have no
clue on where I can find them for the latest version of WPMU. I also
have no clue where the buddypress modules will check for language
files. As you can see, I'm a newby when it comes to translating WPMU,
but I would love to do it, not only because I need them, I guess a lot
more people want them sooner or later.

I have tried the forum on the dutch WP website, but it looks like it's
not really active, so that's why I'm trying this channel now.

Kind regards,

Florin