[buddypress-dev] Wire Component & Updates

Andy Peatling andypeatling at automattic.com
Tue Sep 16 05:58:39 GMT 2008

I've checked in the initial version of the wire component this evening.

I've built it in a way that will let other component developers to
enable a wire on their own custom BuddyPress components. I'll post
more about that soon.

The first version doesn't contain any AJAX. In the next revision I'd
like to add AJAX posting, in just the same way posting replies to
private messages works. There is also no pagination on the "view all"
wire view yet. This means you'll only see the latest 5 wire posts
right now. I'll likely add that in tomorrow, as it just needs some
template tags.

You'll also notice I've added a few widgets to the profile page for
users. Each profile page will now show a random selection of the users
friends as well as their groups. It'll also tally total groups and
friends.

Check it out on testdrivewpmu.com:
http://andy.testdrivewpmu.com/profile

The latest version is now running there, so log back in and give the
new features a go.

All this new stuff can be checked out of SVN or downloaded at: http://trac.buddypress.org/browser/trunk

Latest revision as of right now is rev 348.

Cheers
Andy

---------
Andy Peatling | Social Engineer | Automattic
http://apeatling.wordpress.com