[buddypress-dev] How to create a Home base without creating first the blog

Margarit Muça margarit.muca at yahoo.it
Mon Sep 15 01:02:55 GMT 2008

I know, I already made this question but I didn't recieve any question.
I noticed that when I registered on "testdrivewpmu.com" and created an
account it automatically created my home base with all the social
network features of buddypress working properly. Then I had the
possibility to create all the blogs that I want (i think) but I don't
need it for now. I took a look to andy's profile and saw that a user
the could create all the blogs he wanted after he registered in the
community. But in my installation I notice that when a user registers
on the community with a new username, it's given automatically a new
blog and then he has the possibility to create the home base. This
could be confusing because te user inserts the informations he thinks
will appear on his profile, but it will be a blog. After to create a
profile and get connected to other users he has to create a home base
and choose another username because the username he chosed for his own
profile is now part of the URL of the blog.
I know that there could be a simple way to fix but I don't know it.
The standard wpmu installation gave the possibility to chose when
registering between "Give me a Blog and Username, Give me just a
Username", and also Wordpress.com works like this.

I don't know. Maybe I'm asking too much.
Thank you again and excuse me for my ugly english and my long e-mails.

Margarit Muça
margarit.muca at yahoo.it
margarit.muca at gmail.com
080 633880