[buddypress-dev] Creating prebuilt fields in xprofiles

Mike Little mike at zed1.com
Wed Sep 10 07:41:04 GMT 2008

On Fri, Sep 5, 2008 at 5:06 PM, Jake Spurlock <whyisjake at gmail.com> wrote:
> I took a look at the CSV files of the prebuilt files and thought they
> would be easy to duplicate, but after creating, I am getting a lot f
> weird text in the Profile area when trying to add it. Can anyone see a
> difference between mine (Dogs) that doesn't work, and countries that
> does?
>
> http://www.petomundo.info/wp-content/mu-plugins/bp-xprofile/prebuilt-fields/Dogs.csv
>
> http://www.petomundo.info/wp-content/mu-plugins/bp-xprofile/prebuilt-fields/countries.csv
>
> Thanks
>
> Jake

Hi Jake,
The countries.csv file uses UTF-8 encoding (with no BOM) (with (I
think) linux line endings, whereas your Dogs.csv is simple Mac format
(line endings) with ascii(8) encoding.

That is likely reason for the wierd characters you see. Presumably
some code somewhere is expecting/assuming UTF-8 encoding.

Hope that helps,

Mike
--
Mike Little